Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Classrooms scare me.

Yesterday I had quite the adventure at my school.  Since I am the only student teacher that is substitute certified, I was moved into a classroom for the last two hours of the day.  Details don't matter, but I was taken away from my safe haven where kids can run wild and have a blast.

Two hours was all it took for me to come crawling back to the beautiful open space that I call my gym.  I honestly have a lot respect for classroom teachers.  I do not see how they keep the students engaged for six hours a day, and come back wanting more!  I now am thankful for every teacher I had in elementary school that put up with me. My constant energy was probably a constant headache for them.

After my two hours in the classroom, I now know that my calling is in Physical Education, where I can run free and put my energy to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment